ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Watkins Memoria offensive center Jacob Joyce

OhioPreps.com

Sophomore
Staff
Apr 29, 2021
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“So far this season it’s been a tough start for us, but we have gotten better every week. We had a tough loss last week but are still in the hunt to win our league and make the playoffs.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“So far I am happy with the improvement I am making. We still want to get better every week.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“With a new system and new coach this year, we have had to grow together and I believe now we are peaking at the right time.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“We have a lot of talent on our team. We need to have confidence in ourselves and learn to trust each other, the game plan and the coaches.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“I believe that each and every team member should concentrate on doing their job to the best of their ability on each play.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, of course. Right now, I have been blessed to have about 11 college offers and a lot of schools talking to me and expressing a lot of interest. Which is truly amazing, but right now I want to concentrate on finishing my last HS year and get to the playoffs. After that I can take some time and make the right decision for me and my family.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Ohio Northern, Wooster, Tiffin, University of Indy, Walsh , Mercy Hurst, Ohio State, Baldwin Wallace, Mount St. Joseph’s, Wilmington, Denison, Ohio Dominican, Notre Dame, and a few more.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“They all show a lot of interest in me for which I am very grateful.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, quite a few.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“I have been on about 4 already and have a couple more planned.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Ohio State of course.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News