ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Preps High School Football Talk

OhioPreps.com

Sophomore
Staff
Apr 29, 2021
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Little Miami inside linebacker Rhys Jones
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Pretty bad to be honest, we went 1-9 this past year.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I’ve gained about 20 pounds and run 2/10 of a second faster than 40 since football, so just going to keep getting bigger faster and stronger.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think we have the opportunity to win the ECC this year and really compete with some of the best teams in Cincinnati. With Coach Chenault and his staff coming to Little Miami people can expect a big change in the Little Miami football team.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“The toughest competition is probably Anderson and Winton Woods, Anderson last year going to the semifinals for state will be a pretty hard game and Winton Woods is always a hard-nosed defensive team.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest individual our team has to play will probably be Nate Lyman, who personally thinks he’s one of the best receivers in the state.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Archbishop Alter quarterback Gavin Connor
“The High school season went very well, we were the division 4 state championship runner ups.”

“Right now, our workout schedule is 4 times a week and I throw on Sundays, I am currently in lacrosse season but am still 100% focused on football.”

“I think our team will be very successful next year, the team we have coming back is very experienced and we aren’t looking to take a step back this year, we are looking to win it all.”

“The hardest team on our schedule next year will be the Badin Rams, we fell short to them this year by 4 points. They are a very well-coached team and always show up and give you their best game. The game is always a battle.”

“I don't know if there are any specific players, the Taft roster is stacked with athletes from top to bottom, I think that team is very athletic year in and year out.”

Q&A with Green defensive tackle Michael Schaal
“Our football season was very eventful. We had 3 starters go down in the first 4 weeks. Luckily we had players willing to step up and do their job well. After shutting out our rivals in week 10 we went through 3 rounds of the playoffs and earned our spot to the regional finals.”

“I am on track and lacrosse right now but my main focus is to get stronger and gain good weight.”

“Next football season I believe we will be a solid team with tons of talent.”

“I think our toughest opponent will be Lake, that game for us is filled with so much passion and overall just aggression. It will be exciting to play in.”

“The toughest player I think we’ll play is Nino Hill.”

Q&A with Bishop Watterson running back Zack Weber
“We had a great year making it to the State championship, but ended up falling short against Toledo Central Catholic.”

“I’ve been training 3 times a week with my teammates in the weight room, along with lifting and running on my own throughout the week.”

“I think that we have another great opportunity next year with a lot of guys that have been working hard and a lot of guys who are returning starters from last year.”

“I feel like Chardon and Desales are the two games I’m really looking forward to play, those types of games are never easy.”

“N/A."

Q&A with Green cornerback Antonio Martin
“Football season went great overall. We didn’t get the outcome we wanted, but we finished as regional finalist.”

“My plans with sports and workouts are to continue to work and dominate to make it to the next level.”

“Going onto my senior year, I believe my team will have the best year in school history.”

“I believe McKinley will be our toughest competition, they got some lethal transfers on both sides of the ball.”

“The toughest individual player we will face this year, in my opinion, it’s Dante McClellan.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News