ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Watkins Memorial quarterback Liston Shroyer

OhioPreps.com

Sophomore
Staff
Apr 29, 2021
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“This is our 3rd head coach in the last 4 years. So, the main thing is building a great culture. We see each other whenever we can.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“My golf game is really improving. I think it's because I am getting stronger.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“With the talent we have coming back the sky's the limit. Our focus is on winning each day.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“As far as I am concerned, we play Bama 10 times this year. I hear people talk about how hard our non-conference schedule is, but I think the LCL has as many good teams as any conference in Ohio.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I played with Jordan Martin in middle school. I can't wait to go to Zanesville and compete against him.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes. Football has always been my number one, but baseball is not out of the question.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I've been contacted by Duke, Ohio U, Liberty, Kentucky, Akron, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, and so many more that I am very thankful for.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Eastern Kentucky had me on campus and showed my dad and I around. I got to meet the coaches, academic team and tour the facilities.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Only Eastern Kentucky so far.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“West Virginia, Ohio Dominican and Notre Dame College. I would have liked to go more, but I was working around my baseball and football schedule.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“THE Ohio State Buckeyes when I was nine, we stormed the field after beating that team up North. Cardale Jones actually picked up and posed for a picture with me on the 50.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News