ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Preps High School Football Talk

OhioPreps.com

Sophomore
Staff
Apr 29, 2021
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Miamisburg defensive end Marshon Gregory-Bey
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“We have been practicing on our craft, plays, and techniques as a team.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“I felt like I improved on my footwork and my craft in general.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I believe my team will succeed this season, we have built a stronger bond and worked on making each other greater during the off season.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I feel like Springfield will be our toughest opponent.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“N/A.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Garfield offensive tackle Jonathan Wiczen
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“Everything with the football season has been going great! Team has great intensity in the weight room and on the field.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“With only one game played I’m focused on improvement every week. I’d like to get myself matching intensity on both sides of the ball, finishing blocks, and being the vocal leader of the lineman group.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I feel as my team has played some great football so far, we’re building brick by brick to be the team we all want to be.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Something my team can improve on is burning hotter in the beginning of the game.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The keys for my team to be successful going forward are to take games week by week and to improve on new things every day.”

Q&A with Centerville running back Jacaurre Vaughn
“Coming off of a great off-season we’re excited to get after it on another Friday night.”

“N/A.”

“So far we played pretty well with the offense putting up 30 points and the defense holding the opposing team to only 12 points with a second-half shutout.”

“There is always room for improvement and we can’t get too comfortable and satisfied with that performance.”

“My head coach always states ‘It’s never as good as it seems and it’s never as bad as it seems’ and I truly believe if we continue to play together as a team and not get complacent we can achieve some amazing results. The key to success is striking the other team first with maximum effort and having explosive plays.”

Q&A with Watkins Memorial inside linebacker Sean Sheehan
“I think the season is going great so far.”

“I have been pleased with how I’ve been playing even with the defense doing so good and getting limited reps during games.”

“I think my team has played great and above expectations from what almost everybody thought we were going to do.”

“I feel like our offense can improve on its consistency and when that happens the team will be a force.”

“Our keys for being successful is just to stay disciplined and play within how we were coached.”

Q&A with Centerville running back Parker Johnson
“I love how my season has started out so far.”

“We’ve only played one game, however, through the first game I am very excited to see how our season plays out.”

“I think we are just starting to scratch the surface of what we could be. My senior class are great mentors and really take the underclassman in.”

“I am not really sure quite yet, with the season being so young we just continue to work and improve on our core values.”

“Staying focused and humble, remembering the WHY and playing for each other.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News