ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Hamilton edge Trey Verdon

OhioPreps.com

Sophomore
Staff
Apr 29, 2021
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“We’re a young team, we’re going to get better each week even though we lost our first game. We learned a lot from it and we’re looking to improve week to week.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I don’t walk away from a game feeling happy or unhappy. I leave and study film. I know that each week I will be presented with new challenges so I’m always looking to evolve my game.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“We played with straight athleticism week 1 as we’re such a young team who is still learning to play together.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“The small things, easy fixes that you expect to see in week 1 especially from such a young team.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“Patience, taking each game 1 week at a time.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I do want to play college football, it’s never not been an option. Presently I’m focused on my team and now.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Pitt, Ohio State, Louisville, UK, Wake Forest, Miami (Oh), Toledo, Akron, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia Tech.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Pitt, they were my first offer.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“This summer I got up to Ohio State for the summer fest and got up to Miami (Oh) for a tour.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“I’ve confirmed dates for Pitt (Nov.4th), Toledo (Sep.23) but I’m still finding dates for Louisville, West Virginia, Virginia tech, Ohio state, Miami (Oh), UK and of course I’m planning to watch my brother play at the UC vs Iowa state game (not a recruiting trip).”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My dad played at ASU so I would say that’s always been a favorite for me.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News